Sunday, October 24, 2010

Walk for the Animals

On September 26th I volunteered at the Walk for the Animals.  I used to walk/run adoptable dogs at the Fire Hydrant 5 with the Larimer Humane Society and was really excited to be a dog handler at "my" new humane society.

My adoptable dog this year was Remi, check out his event photos.




He was a 6 month old, terrier mix, with great personality!  He was in such large demand and I was almost concerned that a fight might break out about who would adopt him, there were at least 5 different groups considering his adoption.  He was adopted by a very nice couple at the event, although one little girl's heart was broken that they adopted him before her mom could show up (she was shopping with a friend's family when she met and fell in love with Remi).

Here is a photo of Remi and I, although not so flattering of me, it had been pouring and my hair just wasn't cooperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment